The award recognises the long standing and outstanding contribution of a dedicated carer or volunteer in providing care support to individuals (in any setting). This could be as a family member/friend, as a paid employee or as part of a voluntary/community group.
In recognition of NHS70, they may be continuing to provide this care support to this day or may no longer be providing it.
- Briefly describe what they do, including the kind of support they provide
- How long have they been providing care support?
- How do they go above and beyond the call of duty?
- Views of family members/friends/those receiving care – what kind of person are they?
- How do they support quality of life, show compassion/bring comfort and/or help the person/s they care for sustain their level of independence?